PADI Underwater Naturalist Course – £119
The PADI Underwater Naturalist Course is designed as an introduction to underwater species identification & to help the student develop safe & responsible interaction with aquatic life. This course is an excellent accompaniment to the PADI Underwater Digital Photography & Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty courses.
PADI Underwater Naturalist Course overview
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of diving in different aquatic environments.
- A basic overview of major aquatic life groupings (kingdoms and phyla).
- Factual information that dispels myths of potentially dangerous aquatic life.
- An overview of basic aquatic life interactions and associations.
- Responsible human interactions with aquatic life.
- Diving technique used to help preserve bottom dwelling aquatic life and minimize aquatic life disturbance.
The goals of PADI Underwater Naturalist Course training are:
- To develop the student’s interest of aquatic life forms & ecology.
- To enable the student to safely plan & conduct dives that interact with potentially harmful species.
- To encourage students to be more aware of the aquatic environment & develop diving skills that minimize damage to it.
PADI Underwater Naturalist Course duration
- A single day at the dive site.
- Presentation & review of knowledge reviews session.
- Two open water dives.
PADI Underwater Naturalist Course pre-requisites
- Must be a certified PADI Open Water Diver, Junior Open Water Diver or equivalent.
- Minimum age 12 years [UK].
PADI Underwater Naturalist Course – Price Includes
- Standard tuition.
- PADI U/W Naturalist course manual.
- PADI certification fee.
PADI Underwater Naturalist Course – What you will need to bring
- 2 passport-sized photograph