SDI Solo Diver Course £229 (£399 ONE TO ONE)
The SDI Solo Diver Course conducted at 2DiVE4 educates experienced recreational divers on the methods and procedures for safely diving independent of a dive buddy. We realise that many divers dive by themselves, but this in no way makes them ‘solo divers’. They are neither trained nor knowledgeable in the hazards to which they may be exposing themselves. The SDI Solo Diver Course examines the benefits, hazards, and proper procedures for planning and conducting solo dives. Completing this course empowers you with specific knowledge, enabling you to make a sound risk analysis when engaging in this type of diving.
This course also strengthens your buddy team skills by stressing dive planning, personal limitations, accident prevention as well as the benefits, potential hazards and proper procedures of diving solo. In the SDI Solo Diver Course you will also learn the the additional equipment required for solo diving, and the proper configuration of that equipment. This course is ideally suited to Digital Underwater Photography and underwater video divers.
The SDI Solo Diver Course is not suitable for every diver because divers must be willing to make the necessary commitment to train and equip themselves to manage the added risks that solo diving involve.
To book this course please call 01279 815559
SDI Solo Diver Course – Areas Covered
- The pro’s and con’s of solo diving… Why solo dive?
- Equipment configuration
- Solo diving dive planning
- Contingencies and emergency procedures
- Importance of good solo navigation
SDI Solo Diver Course pre-requisites
- Minimum Age 21 years old
- Minimum certification level – PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or Equivalent
- Minimum of 100 Logged Dives
- Signed Medical Waiver
- Scuba cylinder with pony bottle setup OR
- Twin cylinder setup with isolation manifold and two regulators
- Two cold water rated regulators
- Depth gauge and bottom timer/dive computer
- Backup depth gauge and bottom timer/dive computer
- Exposure suit adequate for the local environment
- SMB/lift bag and reel (minimum 10kg. lift bag).
- SDI Solo Diver Manual
- SDI Solo Diver Slates
SDI Solo Diver Course Structure
Independent Home Study followed by:
- Day 1: 6 Hours Theory – Elsenham
- Day 2: 2 Open Water Dives – Stoney Cove or Gildenburgh Water